High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0225
This photograph shows the southern side of Dundee High Street from Crichton Street at the left to beyond Union Street at the right (and west).
George Mitchell's grocery and spirit merchants is at the top of Crichton Street, next to Sinclair & Ewing, the ironmongers.
Beyond this, the road is re-named Nethergate (though the exact location of the join is slightly contentious), John B. Hurrie being at No. 2 and William Nicoll, the baker, at No. 4.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.