High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0231
This southern section of Dundee High Street highlights Nos. 23-24, the North of Scotland Bank Ltd., and the offices of several solicitors.
The names on the shops to the west first match the Dundee Directory entries for 1901-02. H. P. Tyler the bootmaker was at No. 26.
W. P. Laird and Sinclair, seedsmen (according to their advertisement; the Dundee Directory has nurserymen) were at No. 21.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.