High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0237
Castle Street leads southwards to the left of this photograph, which shows the southern side of Dundee High Street leading towards the Town House in the west.
As advertised on the frontage of Smith Brothers, the three buildings to the left were to be demolished to make way for the new Royal Bank of Scotland.
These also housed M. Craig (specialists in needlework), a hair salon and wig maker's business, the Quality and Value Clothing Co.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.