High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0243
This photograph shows the western end of Dundee's High Street, with Melville House standing at the junctions with Thorter Row and Church Lane.
The Dundee Arms, as well as selling wines and spirits, was a restaurant, with the dining room available for suppers, evening parties and committee meetings, etc.
The Dundee Institution for the blind, whose shop was at No. 29 High Street, had works on Magdalen Green.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.