High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0245
This photograph was taken from a site in front of Strathtay House (the present-day Boots) and shows the west end of Dundee High Street, the building at the extreme left being the south side at the junction with Crichton Street.
The road to the right hand side (and north) is the Overgate.
The photograph was taken before June 1896, when the new Dundee Directory lists No. 47 (here William Smith, hatter) as Nathan & Co., jewellers.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.