High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0272
This photograph shows the junction of Dundee High Street and Reform Street.
It was taken some time after June 1910, when Samuels took over the corner building from Henry Tulloch, the hatter, who moved next door to No. 3 Reform Street.
George McGillivray and Son are listed in the Dundee Directory for 1910-11 as ladies' and gents' clothiers as well as the billiard room.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.