High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0265
This photograph looks eastward along Dundee High Street and shows the twin spires in the distance of the Town House and St Paul's Episcopal Church.
To the left (the street's north side) are William Scrimgeour, 'the family grocer' and Cooper and Co., the tea importer. H. G. Allday, mantle wholesalesmen were next door at No. 36.
On the opposite side of the street are Manfield and Sons, and H. P. Tyler, both boot manufacturers and the North of Scotland Bank Ltd.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.