High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0292
Dundee Town House stood majestically over Dundee's High Street for over two centuries (it was demolished in 1932).
To its west (and right in the photograph) was a public house called The Plough, above which were the offices of A. Macpherson, who describes himself as 'goldsmith and working jeweller'.
To the east is the Royal Bank of Scotland building, which also housed John Jamieson & Co., clothiers, and a number of offices, including the Tay Trawling Co., Ltd., General Accident Assurance Corporation, Ltd., and the photographers, Valentine & Co.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.