High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0197
This photograph shows the north side of Dundee High Street at the junction with Reform Street.
Strathtay House dominates the western corner, while on the opposite side stands H & W Tulloch, the London Hat Warehouse, above whose shop are the offices of the Life Association of Scotland.
The next building eastwards (to the right) is George McGillivray's ladies and gents clothiers.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.