High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0199
This photograph shows the northern side of Dundee's High Street running west to east from left to right.
The Dundee Arms public house dominates this section, with the fountain at its frontage.
Next door is a shop belonging to the Dundee Institute for the Blind, which sold bedding and basketry made at the Magdalen Yard workshops.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.