High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0203
This photograph of the South side of High Street, Dundee, focuses on the buildings to the east (and left) of the Town House.
The imposing building at the left is the Royal Bank of Scotland (No. 3), with the offices of Valentine the photographer above (listed as No. 4).
On the west side of Tindal's Wynd, the decorated building housed Henry Adams & Son, glove manufacturers, and William Hutcheon, tailors and clothiers.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.