High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0204
This photograph reads from west to east (left to right) and shows the northern side of Dundee High Street, with Reform Street leading northwards at the left hand edge.
The popularity of billiards in the city is evident from the fact that two major buildings dedicated to the game dominate the area.
George McGillivray (ladies' and gents' clothiers) is at No. 65 High Street. This photograph is interesting also for the large number of overhead tram cables which are visible.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.