High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0205
This photograph shows the south side of Dundee High Street running east to west from left to right, towards the Town House.
James Ramsay, smith and jeweller, was at No. 8 High Street, with William Hutcheon, the tailor, above, listed as No. 6.
Above William Doig's chemist shop at No. 9 were William Bell, the tailor, listed at No. 10, Thomas Gourlay, the sheriff-officer, and Joseph Brand's General Debt Recovery Office.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.