High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0207
This photograph shows part of the northern side of Dundee's High Street looking towards Thorter Row, which runs to the north from Whitehall Street to Overgate.
Melville House, home to the drapery business, is at the centre, and the Dundee Arms at No. 31 to the east.
The building at the left hand edge is No. 23, which housed A & G Taylor, photographers, and David Beath a currier (someone who dealt with tanned leather, etc.)
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.