High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0212
This photograph of the north side of Dundee's High Street also shows the Overgate, which ran roughly parallel from east to west (right to left).
Whytock and Sons, the jeweller, dominates the corner of the block, which advertising hoardings above, posted by William McArthur, Son, and Co.
To the west are various other shops, including one selling Wines & Spirits belonging to Mrs G. T. Ross.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.