High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0213
This photograph shows Dundee High Street running westwards into the distance (left) and Overgate which runs roughly parallel as far as Lindsay Street.
The small street visible to the left hand side is Church Row, which leads from the Dundee Arms to the City Churches.
The buildings at the extreme right include the offices of John Kemp at No. 51 High Street, who was proprietor of "Kemp's Mercantile Gazette".
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.