High School. Boys, Dundee - Ref: WC2135
The High School's magnificent eight-columned Doric portico can be clearly seen in this photograph. The school in Euclid Crescent was built in 1824. The architect was George Angus.
Originally called "The Seminaries" it became known as the High School in 1859. A girls school was built in 1890. Today (2001) the High School is a mixed fee-paying school.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.