High School (Boys), Dundee - Ref: WC1459
This photograph of the High School has been taken from Albert Square. Originally known as "The Seminaries" the school was built to house three schools, Dundee Academy, the Grammar School and the Kirkyard School in one building.
Situated in Euclid Crescent this boys school was built in 1824 by architect George Angus. A girls school was built in 1890. Renamed the High School in 1859, the school is still there today. It is no longer only for boys and is Dundee's only fee-paying school. (2001)
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.