Glassite Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1427
The Glassite Church was a monument to Rev. John Glass who formed his own sect. Worshipers married very young and were given kail (cabbage soup) when attending services. Nicknamed the Kail Kirk. It now belongs to St Andrews Church and is used as a hall
Next to the church is a tenement with a shop on the ground floor - A. Ferguson Clothier. There is a group of figures in the foreground , a boy with a delivery barrow and an elderly man accompanied by a barefoot boy.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.