Fish Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0171
Fish Street ran from the foot of Crichton Street to the foot of Union Street. At one time these middle 18th Century buildings were the residences of the leading merchants of Dundee including Wedderburns and Lovells.
By 1840 this area had degenerated and was frequented by doubtful characters. It was demolished in 1878 to make way for Whitehall Crescent.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.