Fish Street and Couttie's Wynd, Dundee - Ref: WC0173
At one time Coutties Wynd was a busy thoroughfare. It is located in the Nethergate (beside the old Debenhams Store)and is a passageway from the Nethergate to Yeaman Shore.
Fish Street ran from the foot of Crichton Street to the foot of Union Street and was demolished in 1878 to make way for Whitehall Crescent.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.