Euclid Crescent, Dundee - Ref: WC0164
This is Euclid Crescent before the Girl's High School was built. The tenement buildings shown were built circa 1860. The Girls' school was built in 1889 and designed by J.G.Fairley.
At the time the Girls' school was remarked on as being "One of the finest and most ornate of modern structures in the city" Dundee High School is still a popular choice for fee-paying pupils to-day.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.