Dundee Harbour and Docks - Ref: WC0953
This photograph, taken by the local amateur Alexander Wilson, shows Dundee Harbour and the docks, some time towards the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th centuries.
The building at the left hand side is the Harbourmaster's Office, while the grand grey building which can be made out in the distance at the right hand side is the Customs House.
The area to the right (and east) is the tidal harbour, and it appears to be occupied by lots of fishing boats. A pair of masts rises high above them to the distant right, mostly likely another sailing ship.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.