Dudhope Free Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1422
The foundation stone for the new church was laid on 7th June 1870 and opened for public worship on 22nd December 1870at a cost of £2000. The congregation was dissolved on 15 November 1909.
In the front of the photograph there is a little girl with a fan and another group of children standing - this gives an idea of the type of clothing worn in the early 1900's.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.