Dock Street East, Dundee - Ref: WC0130
This photograph shows the eastern part of Dundee's Dock Street, which runs from the southern end of Trades Lane towards Broughty Ferry in the east (and right).
The tombstones are in a yard belonging to John McFarlane & Son. David Bremner, whose advertisement in the 1901-02 Dundee Directory describes him as a 'ship and house plumber, brassfounder, gasfitter, etc.,' was at No. 12 East Dock Street.
The impressive building at the right is Maritime Buildings, which housed the offices of the Dundee & Arbroath Joint Railway, the Dundee Loch Line S. S. Com., Lloyds' Register of Shipping and J. & J. Cunningham, manure merchants.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.