Dock Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0133
This photograph shows part of the eastern section of Dundee's Dock Street, running from west to east, left to right.
The principal buildings are No. 11 a salt store belonging to Henry Cowan (one of several salters of that name in the city at the time), James Brough & Sons, fruit merchants at No. 12 and William Brown junior's salt stores.
James Brough and his son lived at 47 Commercial Street, while William Brough (who is described as a salt and whiting merchant) resided at Rosemount, Camphill, Broughty Ferry.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.