Decorations in Nethergate, Dundee - Ref: WC1787
In this photograph of the Nethergate the City Churches can just be seen through the trees on the left. The small drinking fountain on the corner is no longer there.
The shops on the other side of the street include Arthur A. Miller's, furriers. Animal pelts have been used to decorate his premises. On the right is A. Soutar, jewellers. The gable end of the Royal Hotel is also visible.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.