D. M. Brown, Commercial Street and High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC1131
David Miller Brown was an innovative businessman. The expansion of his business went from a one-window shop at 80 High Street to a magnificent glass arcade which streched to Commercial Street.
The first section of the arcade was opened on 5th July 1906 and was completed in 1908. The arcade provided 80 feet of window space.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.