Crail Harbour - Ref: WC2406
The haven below the Castle has been in use since the earliest days of Crail. The main quay and south pier are of considerable antiquity, though it is known that they have been repaired from the sixteenth century onwards.
The west pier was added in 1826-28 to the design of Robert Stevenson. This picture shows many fishing boats moored.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.