Craig Pier, Dundee - Ref: WC0976
This photograph by the Dundee amateur, Alexander Wilson shows Craig Pier, which was located at the south end of South Union Street.
The arch at the left is part of a water link between the ferry harbour to the east (the focus of this photograph) and the open sea to the west. In fact, at low tide, both areas became wet sandbanks.
The building at the centre is Craig House.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.