Cottages, Wormit - Ref: WC3204
Wormit, cottages showing beautiful laid-out cottage gardens. The occupier will no doubt have been self sufficient growing all their own vegetables. Wormit evolved as the newest of the south bank settlements, at the junction of Tayport branch line and the main line from the Tay Bridge.
The original plan for the village, however, appears to have envisaged a spread of buildings on the gentler slopes behind Wormit bay.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.