City Churches, Dundee - Ref: WC1405
View of the Steeple and churches from Nethergate - angle from top of Whitehall Street.The photograph gives an idea of the size of the stained glass window in St Mary's Church. Outside the railings of the Church there are two Hansom cabs and drivers
In February 1844 after the Parish Church was rebuilt, the Council held a public roup for the seats in the Church. 312 sittings were let for one year and raised the sum of £118.14s.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.