Caledonian Railway - Goods Station, Dundee - Ref: WC1023
This photograph shows the goods yard at Dundee West Station. This was the terminus of the Caledonian Railway in the city and was located in South Union Street, near Tay Bridge Station, terminus of the North British Railway.
In 1901, the stationmaster was James McNaughton and the goods superintendent was Andrew Robertson. The company hada second station in Dundee, at Magdalen Green, where the stationmaster was Daniel Bain.
The carting of goods from the station was the responsibility of Wordie and Co., based at the South Union Street yard. H. F. Pollock, the manager, lived at 2 Rustic Place, Broughty Ferry.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.