Caledonian Railway - Goods Station, Dundee - Ref: WC1022
This photograph by the Dundee amateur, Alexander Wilson, shows the goods yard belonging to the Caledonian Railway at Dundee West Station in South Union Street.
The goods manager in 1901 was Andrew Robertson, who lived at No. 48 Magdalen Yard Road. The stationmaster was James McNaughton, whose address is not listed in the Dundee Directory.
Wordie and Co. are listed as carting agents for the Caledonian Railway, the London and North Western Railway, and the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railways, as well as having public warehouses.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.