Caledonian Railway - Goods Station, Dundee - Ref: WC1026
The Caledonian goods station in Dundee was part of the Dundee West Station complex, which was the Caledonian's terminus in the city. It was located on South Union Street, just north of Tay Bridge Station, which belonged to the North British Railway.
In 1901, the Stationmaster was James McNaughton and the Goods Manager was Andrew Robertson. The Goods Agent (who is listed separately in the Dundee Directory) was David Conacher of No. 42 Magdalen Yard Road.
The carting agents for the station (as well as the London and North Western Railway, also at Dundee West, and the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railways at Dundee East Station) were Wordie and Co., whose manager was H.F. Pollock.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.