Caledonian Railways - Goods Station, Dundee - Ref: WC1029
This photograph shows the Goods Station, part of the Caledonian Railway's Dundee West terminus complex. It stood on South Union Street, just to the north of Tay Bridge Station, which belonged to the North British Railway Company.
The yard was used by Wordie and Co., the carting agents for the Caledonian and the London and North Western Railway (at Dundee West), and the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway (at Dundee East).
Archibald Hillhouse was the Caledonian's General Goods Manager in 1901. His Dundee manager was Andrew Robertson, the carting agent was David Conacher and the Stationmaster was James McNaughton.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.