Caird Nurses' Home, 1 Park Place, Dundee - Ref: WC1135
The Caird Home for Nurses was gifted to the Sick Poor Nursing Society by Edward Caird. The original building occupied by the Society was in Dudhope Street.
During its time about 10 nurses were employed by the Society to tend to the needs of poor folk who had fallen ill. The nurses moved from Dudhope Street to Park Place in 1892.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.