Blind Institution, Dundee - Ref: WC1122
This listed building in Magdalen Yard Road was purpose built as a workshop for the Dundee Institution for the blind and was occupied as this until 1993. Products manufactured at the Institute included bedding, cane furniture, matting and brushware.
In 1993 the Royal Institute for the Blind and Lord Roberts Workshop amalgamated and are now named Dovetail Enterprises.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.