Belmont House, Perth Road, Dundee - Ref: WC1114
Belmont is listed in the Dundee Directory as No. 15 Perth Road. The inhabitants in 1890-91 were the family of John W., James Harriot, E. Weston and George Jarvis Bell.
E. W. Bell and Co., are listed as merchants at No. 7 Ward Road, an address they shared with the Dundee Burns Club, the Dundee Hebrew Congregation, the artists James G. H. Spindler and Mrs Mary Marshall.
John W. Bell, George Jarvis Bell and James Harriott Bell are listed simply as members of the household, and can be assumed to have been sons of the family. The site is currently occupied by a Dundee University students residence.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.