Baldovan, Mollison's Cottage, Dundee - Ref: WC1833
Baldovan village was created in the mid 19th century. The estate of Baldovan was owned at that time by the Ogilvies of Baldovan. The village was an independent, semi-rural community with its own tram terminus.
Mollison's cottage in the photograph was owned by James Mollison, baker. His thatched roof appears to be in need of repair. Baldovan village is no longer there having been removed to make way for Dundee's redevelopment.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.