Baldovan, Dundee - Ref: WC1828
Around 1830 a decision was made to develop to the north in Dundee and the village of Baldovan was created. Baldovan estate already had an interesting history having been in the hands of several owners including the Scrymgeor family, the Nairne's of Fife and the Wedderburns.
Walter Tullidelph purchased the estate of Baldovan, now also known as "The Bank," around 1740. His eldest daughter, Charlotte, married Sir John Ogilvie of Inverquharity and the estate passed to them. It was under their descendants that Baldovan village developed.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.