Baldovan, Dundee - Ref: WC1837
Baldovan estate has passed through many hands. Owned by the Scrymgeor family in the 17th century, it passed on to the Nairne's of Fife then the Wedderburn's before being purchased by Walter Tullidelph around 1740. His daughter, Charlotte and her husband Sir John Ogilvie of Inverquharity acquired the estate.
It was their descendants who developed the village of Baldovan around the 1830s.The villagers became a proud, independent community. They had their own tram terminus.The village of Baldovan has now gone, cleared to make way for Dundee's redevelopment and expansion.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.