We would like to address several inaccuracies in a petition that is currently being circulated online.
- Swimming lessons are not being cut in Dundee.
- Lessons will still be available 7 days a week from the end of October 2019.
- Lessons are being increased at Grove and St Paul’s Swim & Sports Centres with 17 new classes.
- Leisure & Culture Dundee has never run classes at Braeview, Craigie and Menzieshill and subsequently has not cancelled classes at these venues.
- We have proposed to increase the amount of swim teaching hours and have a new lessons programme at Lochee Swimming & Leisure Centre and Harris Swim & Sports Centre in the near future.
Leisure & Culture Dundee continues to work closely Scottish Swimming to provide the best possible Learn to Swim programme for the City. We are absolutely committed to providing a programme that provides the skills for participants to become safe, competent and confident swimmers. For that reason, we are future proofing the service to cope with increased demand.