Woodhaven, Wormit - Ref: WC3206
The village and pier of Woodhaven was the starting point for the coach across Fife. The pier at Woodhaven was until the 19th century the most important ferry landing for journeys to Dundee.
Woodhaven pier. The large house in the background was the old granary building owned by Tayfield Estate and served as a hospital for the "Mars" training ship.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.