Tally Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0619
This photograph shows Dundee's Tally Street running from the Overgate in the north (behind the position taken by the photographer) towards the Nethergate in the south.
By 1907, the Albion Hotel has been re-named the City Hotel, and is owned by J. T. Phillips. The Parliament public house below is listed as No. 17, and belonged to John S. Smith.
The offices of the Scottish National Key Registery, whose secretary was David Don, were at No. 9 Tally Street. Also in this building were Francis E. Scott, solicitor, Don and Stewart, a firm of accountants, and Frank Bales, a shipmaster.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.