Roslin Chapel - Ref: WC3077
This etching Roslin Chapel or St Matthews, which forms part of the collegiate church of Rosslyn founded in 1446, supposedly by Knights Templar.
Famous for its decorative stone carving that covers almost every part of the building, it is rumoured to be the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. The "Prentice Pillar" has spectacular decoration.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.