Meadowside, Dundee - Ref: WC0372
This photograph shows the east end of the portion of Dundee's Meadowside known as Albert Square, with Chapel Street leading via New Inn Entry to the High Street at the lefthand side.
The railings are on the south side of the Albert Institute, nowadays known as McManus Galleries. The railings were removed as part of the war effort.
In 1902, the corner building was occupied by James Keiller & Son, confectioners, James Robertson, cycle agents, and the Albert Square United Free Church, whose minister was Rev. George R. McPhail M. A.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.