Coat of Arms carved in stone in Whitehall Close, Dundee - Ref: WC1816
This extremely detailed Coat of Arms dating from 1660 belonged to Charles II. It depicts the Tudor badge as well as the emblems and arms of Scotland, England, Ireland and France.
It once decorated a building in the Nethergate at the entrance to Whitehall Close. This Coat of Arms, along with other pieces of decorated masonry, are now housed in Dundee's Old Steeple.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.