"Buckingham" in Dundee Docks - Ref: WC0787
The "Buckingham" was built in 1888 by T. Royden and Sons of Liverpool for the Steel Sailing Ship Buckingham Co., of Limerick, managed from an office in Liverpool. She had a gross tonnage of 2668 and was 307.7 feet long.
She was a four-masted ship (according to Lloyd's Registry for 1893-94), although this and the companion photograph by Alexander Wilson show her as a four-masted barque. (A ship would be square-rigged on all masts).
She arrived in Dundee on 12th September 1890 from Calcutta, where she had collected jute for processing in the many Dundee mills, having taken 135 for the passage.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.