Streetwise: Lamb’s Lane

Name Plate

Lamb’s Lane obtained its name from James Lamb, grandfather of the late A.C. Lamb, who had a small factory beside his house in this narrow thoroughfare. This work, an humble four-loom shop, was begun about 1790, and after his death his brother John carried it on till about 1840, though the house was removed many years ago.

Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925